Škofja Loka and its surrounding area offer many paths and trails, where enthusiastic hikers can stretch their legs. The next few suggestions were prepared on Turizem Škofja Loka and a more precise description of Loka mountain path you can find on website Pešpoti (walking trails).
- Loška mountain path (or Loka Alpine trail) – more maps and pictures you can find here and here
- THREE CASTLES PATH (pictures of the path)
- PATH TO CRNGROB
- THE PATH TO PLANICA AND KRIŽNA GORA
- RUPNIK LINE
- RATITOVEC (other website)
If you like to cycle more than you like to walk, then you can explore Loka’s cycling trail and cycling circle of Municipality Gorenja vas-Poljane, where you can find stages of different difficulty.
In Železniki you have an indoor swimming pool and you can also visit the sauna. The swimming pool will be closed due to the renovation form 3. 7. 2017 until 30. 8. 2017. In Poljanska valley in Kopačnica you can visit and soak in the outdoor swimming pool near an old farm Pr’ Topličar. The water comes from a thermal spring and is mostly visited by locals. You can also go for a swim in the Bohinj lake or Bled lake.
VISIT THE CAVES
If the activities on the surface are not for you and you want to descend deeper underground, there are also caves in the vicinity of Škofja Loka . This caves can be only visited by prior arrangement with cavers and offer you a real caving experience. You can call the Društvo za raziskovanje podzemlja Škofja Loka (Association for Exploring the Underworld), where you can get further informations:
- Walter (00 386 51 244-244)
- Peter (00 386 31 797-935)
The two caves that you can visit are Kevderc on nearby hill Lubnik and Marijino brezno (Maria abyss). The cavers themselves wrote the best what you will need for exploring the caves:
- appropriate clothes because you will get mud on them
- appropriate shoes, that will be covered in mud in the end (boots or hiking boots)
- good mood and relaxed attitute
- chocholate for when you return from the cave